Truth Prayers is a collection of over 100 short prayers I’ve written based on passages of Scripture. They’re designed to strengthen our faith by praying God’s Word and teaching truth to ourselves. The prayers fill 10 categories:
- Praise & Thanksgiving: Truth to pray to glorify and praise God
- Wisdom: Truth to pray when you need God’s guidance
- Courage: Truth to pray when you need strength and boldness
- Patience: Truth to pray in seasons of waiting
- Trust: Truth to pray when it’s hard to trust God
- Joy: Truth to pray when you need deep and lasting joy
- Perseverance: Truth to pray when you need to press on
- Deliverance from Anxiety: Truth to pray when worry grips you
- Repentance: Truth to pray when your heart is contrite
- Hope in Suffering: Truth to pray when you’re facing pain and adversity
The process of writing Scripture-inspired prayers began when I experienced an increase in anxiety. As I worked through bouts of fear and worry, God graciously used His Word as a tool of both deliverance and healing for me in my weakest moments. When caught in a wicked spiral of anxiety, it became my habit to quickly open my Bible, seek God’s wisdom on the pages, and delight in His truth through Scripture-inspired prayer.
These days, though I’m far from fearless and worry-free (I’m a human after all!), praying God’s Word is a regular part of my life and is my tool of choice for working through areas of spiritual weakness. Truth-based prayer is not a one-time quick fix. It’s a daily habit that has tremendous power to renew the mind and uplift the spirit when practiced regularly. I explore this a bit more in the introduction of the eBook.
It has been a delight and privilege to put together this collection of prayers. Each one is beloved to me.
I hope it blesses you!