Hey there! I’m Hallie Klecker, a writer, editor, freelance recipe developer, and Certified Holistic Nutrition Educator. I’m also an occasional personal chef and a once in a while cooking class instructor.
This space began 7 years ago as a tiny food blog that I thought no one would ever read, but has slowly grown to be much more to me.
I love kale salad and chia seed muffins (and you’ll find many recipes here for healthy food), but nothing satisfies me like an hour spent with my Bible in the hush of early morning. As a follower of Christ and a lover of God’s Word, I’ve come to believe that spiritual nourishment—the kind that sinks deep down to the soul—is what many of us are craving the most.
I get my soul nourishment from Scripture. I’m a Psalms enthusiast, a Genesis geek, a lover of concordances and commentaries, and a regular prayer journaler. Bottom line, I love everything Bible—and anything or anyone who reminds me of God’s goodness.
Daily Bites is my creative space. It’s where I share what I write, create, think, feel, pray, dream up, and cook up in my pursuit of living a well-nourished life—spiritually and physically.
Thanks for spending a little time here. It’s a joy to have you.
Peace, love, and cookies,
Other Things You Might Like to Know:
- Every recipe on this site is gluten-free, and almost all are dairy-free. This is how I eat. I changed my diet dramatically 7 years ago when—after dealing with chronic stomach pain, digestive woes, fatigue, and unexplained weight loss—I discovered I had food sensitivities. I ditched the wheat and I’ve never looked back!
- I’ve written two cookbooks, The Pure Kitchen and Super Healthy Cookies. You can grab both on Amazon. More of my recipes can be found in Simply Gluten Free Magazine and Paleo Magazine.)
- I live in southern Wisconsin, which has been home to me for the past 15 years.
- I’m a daughter to two beyond incredible parents, a younger sister to one amazing lady, and an aunt to two adorable and energetic kids.
- Books are my life. I’ve been hooked on reading since I learned the alphabet. I’m most at home with a book in my hands. Reading led me to fall in love with writing.
- I write to work through what I’m thinking, to solidify what I believe, and sometimes just to have some fun. I most often write what I need to read, and often I write to worship. Whether it’s a from-the-heart blog post, a hastily scribbled grocery list, or a journaled prayer, I’m always writing.
Where to Find Me:
Where to Find More of My Recipes