In this episode of Life Well Nourished, I’m talking with Amie Valpone, the best-selling author of the book Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body. Amie is a Functional Medicine nutrition and wellness expert, columnist, spokesperson and motivational speaker. She’s been online writing and creating recipes at The Healthy Apple for many years, which is how I first found out about her way back in the day when I was just getting started with my own health journey.
In this episode, Amie shares her own health story with refreshing vulnerability and honesty. She offers her thoughts on being an advocate for your own health, pursuing alternative healthcare and remedies, and what to do when traditional medicine isn’t working for you. And of course, we talk about Amie’s definition of a well-nourished life.
I enjoyed Amie’s honest perspective on health and wellness and I know many of you will, too.
- Connect with Amie: The Healthy Apple | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Connect with Hallie: Daily Bites | Instagram | Twitter
- Amie’s book, Eating Clean
- The Trigger That Pops the Balloon
- Curiosity and How It Helped Me Heal
- LWN #10: Embracing Simplicity in Life and Cooking with Alyssa Rimmer