This week’s podcast guest is Ricki Heller, a cookbook author, natural nutritionist, educator, and the voice behind the popular and highly informative website RickiHeller.com. I’ve known Ricki for many years (she was one of the first bloggers I met way back in the day when I first started writing my blog) and she has been one of the kindest, most encouraging influences in my internet life over the years.
In this episode Ricki and I talk about how her personal health journey with candida and various food restrictions has affected her life and career. We also discuss how to avoid overwhelm when it comes to cooking for food restrictions and how to work through times of depression, frustration, or disappointment that we may face along the way. Ricki also offers some insights into how we can find freedom and joy in food despite dietary limitations.
If you’re on a restricted diet, have food allergies, or are just trying to walk the straight and narrow when it comes to healthy living, we hope you’ll find some encouragement for your journey in this episode!
- Ricki’s website: RickiHeller.com
- Ricki’s cookbooks: Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free and Living Candida-Free
- Connect with Ricki: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
- Connect with Hallie: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Chocolate “Buttercream” Frosting
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (“Notella”)
- Grain-Free Sandwich Bread
- Sweet Potato Kale Balls
- Doug McNish