This week’s podcast guest is Riley Fuller, founder of Humanity & Hope United, a nonprofit foundation working to assist underserved villages in remote parts of Honduras. Riley shares the story behind Humanity & Hope and tells us more about the work they do with the people in Honduras. We also talk about concepts like social and Biblical justice, how we collectively as a culture can step into service no matter our background, the difference between focusing on projects versus focusing on people, and the role that self-sacrifice plays in serving others. We also talk about Generous Coffee, a brand new company Riley just co-founded that encourages consumers to make the world a better place with each cup of coffee they drink.
I had a blast talking with Riley and learned so much. This is one of my favorite interviews I’ve done yet on the podcast.
In other news…
Today also marks the first day that my new eBook, Baking for Good, is available! I talk more about Baking for Good in the show, but here are a few quick details for you:
- Baking for Good is a compilation of 25 gluten-free, dairy-free recipes for nourishing sweets and treats pulled deep from the archives of my blog, cookbooks, and cooking class recipe vault. These recipes are reader favorites and personal favorites with a few brand new ones added as well.
- All of the proceeds from the sale of Baking for Good will go to support two great organizations this holiday season: Humanity & Hope United (which you’ll learn much more about in the show) and Middleton Outreach Ministry, a local ministry in my community working to prevent homelessness and end hunger.
- The eBook includes full color photos for every recipe and is available as an instant PDF download, so you can start baking from it right away!
Grab your copy of Baking for Good here. Thank you for your generosity and for choosing to bake with a purpose this holiday season! I hope the recipes nourish you and your loved ones well in the months to come.
- Humanity & Hope United
- Generous Coffee
- Connect with H&H: Instagram | Facebook |Twitter
- Connect with Generous Coffee: Instagram |Facebook
- Baking for Good eBook
- The Bible Project Podcast
- Generous Justice by Tim Keller
- The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns
- The Broken Way by Ann Voskamp
- Connect with Hallie: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Join the email list
Listen to the episode: