In this week’s podcast episode, I’m joined by a friend of mine, Eric Maher. Eric has experienced several waves of life-changing adversity in the past few years, beginning with the sudden and unexpected death of his mom. As Eric shares his story in this episode, we explore how pain can be a gift and teacher, the importance of emotional vulnerability, how God reveals His heart to us through difficult times, what and who to lean on the midst of suffering, and much more. Eric’s heart for the Lord and his faithfulness through some very trying times is inspirational.
If you or someone you love is walking through a journey of pain and adversity right now, this episode is for you. I myself drew a lot of encouragement from our conversation. I hope you’ll find hope and strength for your heart in it as well.
- Scriptures referenced: Ephesians 6:12, Hebrews 3:13, Psalm 23, John 6:27
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- Switch On Your Brain by Dr. Caroline Leaf
- Episode #5: 5 Books That Help Me Manage Anxiety
- Connect with Hallie: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Join the email list