This week’s podcast episode is a fun one because it’s my first time hosting a solo episode. In this show I’m sharing about my personal experience with acute social anxiety and the role that reading has played in helping me work through fear, worry, doubt, toxic thinking, and more. I’m sharing 5 books that have helped (and continue to help) me manage anxiety and live a more hopeful, free, healthy life.
This episode isn’t scripted—it’s just me turning on my mic and talking to you, so you’ll get to hear me geek out about my favorite books and also use very professional words like “scientificky.” (Rolling my eyes at my own self.)
Few things nourish my soul quite like reading does, so it was a true delight to talk all things books in this show. If you’ve experienced or are currently experiencing anxiety, or if you just love reading good books, this episode is for you.
- Connect with me: Website | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Join the email list
- Truth Prayers, my free eBook with over 100 Scripture-inspired prayers
- Episode 4 of Life Well Nourished: From Fear to Freedom with Anna LeBaron
- The Bible—I grew up using the NASB and that’s still the primary version I use now.
- Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyer
- The Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
- Switch On Your Brain by Dr. Caroline Leaf
- The Valley of Vision edited by Arthur Bennett
- The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
- The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers