This week’s podcast guest is writer and creator Jeanette Hanscome. I’ve known Jeanette for all of a week, and I already love her. Jeanette is the author of five books, including Suddenly Single Mom, her first devotional for women. Her writing flows from her experiences as a single mom who has lived with low vision since birth. She pours her leftover creative energy into singing, knitting, crocheting, and anything that allows her to use her calligraphy pens or lettering markers.
Jeanette is a wonderfully creative woman and in this episode we talk about the healing power of creativity when life is difficult and how making things with our hands can minister to our souls. We also discuss faith, prayer, journaling, and more. We have so many common interests, I feel like I found a long lost sister in Jeanette!
- Connect with Jeanette: Blog | Facebook | Twitter
- Connect with Hallie: Website | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Email List
- Jeanette’s book, Suddenly Single Mom
- Storied Jewelry by Ginny Yttrup
- A Million Little Ways by Emily P. Freeman
- Michelangelo quotes: “Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it.” “I saw the angel in the stone and I set him free.”