Big announcement today! But first, some backstory.
I’ve spent the past 7 years working in the world of nutrition, recipe development, and cooking for food allergies. From teaching cooking classes to personal cheffing to writing cookbooks, magazine articles, and meal plans, my work has varied over the years but has always tied back to one main goal: to equip, educate, and inspire others to eat well and be nourished no matter their dietary restrictions.
This is where the news comes in. With that main goal in mind, I am now offering personal coaching!
Over the years on a case-by-case basis, I have taken on a limited number of personal coaching clients, but it has never been something I’ve advertised or widely promoted. The timing was just never right to make it a larger part of my work. But now it is!
I’m eager to tell you about what coaching is, how it works, and who it’s for, so let’s jump in.
What is food coaching?
As a coach, I help people with dietary restrictions navigate the world of eating healthfully without “fill in the blank.” Whether it’s gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, soy, nightshades, sugar, beans/legumes, citrus, mushrooms, fish, beef, or something else (you name it, I’ve seen it!), I help those on limited diets figure out how to make the most of the foods that do work for them.
Every body is perfectly unique. Coaching gives me the opportunity to work directly with the individual needs of the client, guiding them in the right foods and meals for them.
How does it work?
Coaching takes place over the phone where we talk all things food, cooking, nutrition, and allergies. We brainstorm meal ideas, menu plans, talk about ingredients/products/brands, go over recipe ideas, and more. I do my best to answer every food and cooking-related question I can! After the call I put together a document with all of the recipes, products, links, and other resources we talked about and send it to the client so they have everything at their fingertips.
Coaching calls can be a one time thing or they can happen on a recurring basis for clients who’d like continuing support as they learn to cook and eat for their dietary needs.
Who’s it for?
Coaching is ideal for…
- Those newly diagnosed with food allergies or sensitivities and wondering, “What in the world do I eat now?!”
- Those newly diagnosed with celiac disease and wondering how they’ll ever survive without bread and pasta
- Those diagnosed with food allergies/sensitivities a while ago but feeling bored and in need of some “new life” breathed into their cooking world
- Parents of children with food allergies/sensitivities
If one of the above applies to you and you feel…
- Overwhelmed by your dietary restrictions
- Unsure how to navigate the world of food allergies/sensitivities
- Confused by all of the information you’re getting about what to eat and what to avoid
- Hopeless because you can’t eat ________ anymore
- Defeated because everything “allergy-free” you’ve made so far has tasted like cardboard
- Intimidated by the process of “re-learning” how to eat
- Like you need a guide and a friend through the transition process
…then coaching is for you.
All the Details
If you need a food coach in your life, I’d love to work with you. I count it a privilege to be welcomed into the lives of others to help them work towards their health goals. Food may only be one part of our lives, but it’s a big part and I believe it can be a wonderful part regardless of the limitations involved.
A one-time 90-minute coaching call with me is $150. That rate includes:
- One 90-minute coaching call with me where we’ll talk about meal ideas, menu plans, recipes, ingredients, products, cooking tips, and more tailored to your specific dietary needs
- A document of all of the recipes, resources, links, etc. we talk about in our call emailed to you within 1 business day of the call
For clients who choose to do them, follow-up calls are $90 and last 1 hour.
If you’re interested in working with me, contact me here and tell me a bit more about yourself. I’ll get back to you soon!