Over the past few months, I’ve written over 100 short prayers based on passages of Scripture—and as of today they’re available for free in a new eBook: Truth Prayers: Strengthen Your Faith By Praying God’s Word.
The prayers fill 10 categories:
- Praise & Thanksgiving: Truth to pray to glorify and praise God
- Wisdom: Truth to pray when you need God’s guidance
- Courage: Truth to pray when you need strength and boldness
- Patience: Truth to pray in seasons of waiting
- Trust: Truth to pray when it’s hard to trust God
- Joy: Truth to pray when you need deep and lasting joy
- Perseverance: Truth to pray when you need to press on
- Deliverance from Anxiety: Truth to pray when worry grips you
- Repentance: Truth to pray when your heart is contrite
- Hope in Suffering: Truth to pray when you’re facing pain and adversity
The process of writing Scripture-inspired prayers began about a year ago for me when I experienced an increase in anxiety. As I worked through bouts of fear and worry, God graciously used His Word as a tool of both deliverance and healing for me in my weakest moments. When caught in a wicked spiral of anxiety, it became my habit to quickly open my Bible, seek God’s wisdom on the pages, and delight in His truth through Scripture-inspired prayer.
These days, though I’m far from fearless and worry-free (I’m a human after all!), praying God’s Word is a regular part of my life and is my tool of choice for working through areas of spiritual weakness. Truth-based prayer is not a one-time quick fix. It’s a daily habit that has tremendous power to renew the mind and uplift the spirit when practiced regularly. I explore this a bit more in the introduction of the eBook.
It has been a delight and privilege to put together this collection of prayers. Each one is beloved to me.
My greatest hope for those who read Truth Prayers is not that my words would speak to them, but that God’s Word would speak to them. Apart from His truth, these prayers would not exist. Even before a single prayer made its way from my pen to the page, God knew them all. To Him be all the glory.
May these prayers encourage your heart and strengthen your faith as they have mine!
“The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth.”
(Want to receive these posts in your inbox? Sign up here.)