First things first: Happy 4th of July! And second things second: Are these not the most gorgeous peas? They’re from my friends’ organic garden. I polished off the entire bag faster than I’d care to admit, but oh how I relished every sweet and snappy morsel.
On this holiday weekend, I hope you’ll have a chance to do some summer weekending. By which I mean relaxing, savoring, sun-soaking, reading—whatever brings you joy and restoration.
Summer—with its dew-speckled mornings, easy going pace, light wardrobe, and delicious scenery—has both comforted and refreshed me deeply, as it does every year. I’m rejoicing in that this weekend.
As you enjoy yours, here’s some soul food for your weekend that I hope satisfies you as it has me.
- Prepare for some major jaw dropping. These entries into National Geographic’s 2014 photo contest are stunning. I kind of wish I was the girl in photo #10. Forest bathing at its finest!
- Favorite new-to-me blog lately.
- The Workout the World Forgot—also known as The Workout That Both Inspires Me and Makes Me Feel Way Out of Shape. :)
- Sometimes my life feels like this little boat. Anybody with me?
- But then I remember this. And I’m okay.
- I snapped the photo above during one of my walks a few days ago. You can’t tell from the photo, but it was quite breezy and the path was buzzing with walkers, joggers, and bikers. This artist was so calm and serene. I wish I could see the finished piece.
- If you’ve ever thought about starting a book club but don’t know where to begin, Ali’s got you covered: How to Start a Book Club
- “The world has enough women who know how to do their hair. It needs women who know how to do hard and holy things.” (from this beautiful post by Ann Voskamp)
- This time lapse painting video was shown on a recent Sunday at my church. I have very little artistic ability when it comes to painting and drawing, which makes this all the more amazing to me.
Happy summer weekending! Soak it all in and I’ll see you next week with a brand new salad recipe.