I have my plans.
If ever there was a planner, it’s me. Color coded calendars, deadlines in place, plane tickets booked far in advance…check, check, and check!
Here’s a guilty confession: I even plan when I’m going to plan. I set aside time in my day to plan out other days. I also frequently plan meals, workouts, when I’m going to take supplements, when I’m going to clean, and—yes—even when I’m going to sleep.
I don’t do well without a plan. Even if the plan is to “wing it,” at least it’s a plan.
Lately, my plans have been tossed and turned a bit. Unexpected stuff has come and gone and come again (loooonnnggg story that I’ll save for another day), so I’m learning some great lessons about going with the flow and letting God lead me where He will.
I had plans to share a different recipe with you today, but I decided to scrap the plan and go with this lovely dairy-free milkshake instead.
Why? Because we can!
We can change our minds, we can change our plans, and we can change course in life…and it can be okay. I’m learning that life is too short to go on planning it away. Granted, well thought out plans have their place. But there also must be plenty of room for changing things up.
Life’s too short and too precious to live in a cage of plans all the time. It’s okay to break the mold once in a while. Even if it just means changing what recipe you’re going to put on your blog on Tuesday. :)
This dairy-free Strawberry Pie Milkshake is quite the treat. It’s just what you need to brighten up a gloomy day…or celebrate when it’s been a great one!
With spring upon us, I’m all about the berries lately, even though it will be a while before they’re really in season here in the Midwest.
More berry recipes you might enjoy:
- Fruit Macadamia Muffins
- Strawberry Bliss Cookies
- Lemon Strawberry Tarts
- Radiant Glow Antioxidant Smoothie
- ½ medium frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 date, pitted and torn into pieces
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond or hemp milk, plus more if needed
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk (full fat)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Gluten-free granola or chopped nuts, for garnish (optional)
- Combine the banana, strawberries, date, almond milk, coconut milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, adding more almond milk in small splashes if needed to keep things moving along. Pour into a glass, garnish with granola if using, and serve immediately.