and more not featured on my blog? Subscribe to my newsletter!
Happy New Year!
I’m so excited about the next 12 months. I’ve been setting some intentions for the New Year—some large, some small—and I can’t wait to see what unfolds as I pursue them. When I set goals, I try keep the ART acronym in mind:
- Achievable: I set intentions that are realistic and doable for myself with wherever I’m at in life. Choosing goals that are too lofty usually result in disappointment when I fail to meet them. So I choose to set myself up for positivity by setting goals that are challenging, but manageable.
- Relevant: I don’t set intentions for things that don’t mesh up with my current lifestyle. For example, while I’d love to polish up my Spanish and become fluent someday, this year I know it’s just not going to happen. I have a business to build, relationships to forge, and lots of other pursuits that simply won’t allow enough time for learning Spanish, too!
- Time sensitive: Giving my goals timelines—whether they’re meant to be reached in a few weeks or across a whole 12 months—helps make them more tangible and real. I would highly encourage you to give your intentions some type of deadline or time-frame to work with so that you’ll be more motivated to make progress daily.
I have a long list of intentions for the year, but I thought I’d share 4 of them with you today as we kick off the New Year!
(Can’t see the video? Click here to watch it on YouTube.)
- Eat This Book Bible reading plan PDF
- For more information about the plan (including how to get it on your phone), click here. I highly recommend the Bible in Five videos. They accompany every week of the plan and explain tough concepts perfectly. (Especially helpful for those early Old Testament books that seem to go on forever!)
- I didn’t mention this in the video, but a wonderful book that was a big inspiration to me a few years ago is Jack Canfield’s The Success Principles. It’s super motivating, especially at the start of the year. I think I need to re-read it!
I would LOVE to know your 2014 goals/intentions! Leave a comment and let me know.
Here’s to a fabulous year filled with joy, love, and an abundance of blessings! Happy New Year!