and more not featured on my blog? Subscribe to my newsletter!
I’ve read my share of healthy comfort food cookbooks and blogs. And to be honest, most of the time “comfort food” just equals low-fat cheese in casseroles and applesauce instead of oil in muffins. The end result sorely lacks in flavor, nutrition, and the all-important comfort factor!
Can’t comfort food be made healthier but still offer a little indulgence? In her new e-book, The Seasonal Comfort Food Cookbook, my friend Sonnet (from In Sonnet’s Kitchen) proves that oh yes it can! As she writes in the introduction, her recipes are ones that every comfort food fan will love and they’ll “love you right back because they’re loaded with vitamins, minerals, good carbohydrates from vegetables, and healthy fats from plant and animal sources.” Sounds like my kind of comfort.
If you think you’ll be missing the dairy, sugar, and processed foods that we so quickly associate with comfort food, let Sonnet prove you wrong with all 55+ mouthwatering recipes. (I’m serious. I was salivating as I scrolled through my copy.)
Sonnet’s photography through the e-book is stunning. I wanted to eat my screen! The Yam Fries with Garlic Aioli? I could eat that entire plate and then some. More recipes that quickly landed on my to-make radar:
- Cream of Leek & Parsnip Soup with Lemon
- Butternut Squash Bake
- Cabbage Casserole with Turkey & Cashew Cheese
- Parsnip & Kale Zuppa Toscana Soup
Do you eat grain-free? No worries. Every recipe in The Seasonal Comfort Food Cookbook is free of grains (and dairy, soy, and refined sugar, too). I feel great eating grain-free, so I really appreciate this. I also love the fact that the recipes incorporate so many amazing seasonal vegetables.
Who said comfort food meant only pizza and garlic bread? (Hint: Try Sonnet’s recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Stir-Fry and a whole new school of thought will be opened up to you.)
A few more details about The Seasonal Comfort Food Cookbook:
- It’s a 164-page eCookbook in a PDF format, which means that you can access it on any computer, iPad, iPhone, Kindle, or Android device.
- Each recipe contains a full-color photo and symbols to help you identify the foods that work best for your body, whether you follow a paleo/primal diet, are vegetarian/plant-based diet, or have food allergies.
- This cookbook contains 59 recipes divided between 5 sections: cauliflower rice, soups, meat entrees, vegetarian entrees, and vegetables and sides. You’ll also find clear directions, sample menu plans, resources about eating locally and seasonally, and tips for how to stay healthy this season (while maintaining and even losing weight).
Get 15% off your purchase of The Seasonal Comfort Food Cookbook when you enter this code at checkout:
The code will expire on November 18, so hurry over to grab your eCookbook right now. Huge thanks to Sonnet for offering the discount to us and for creating such a fabulous resource!