and more not featured on my blog? Subscribe to my newsletter!
It’s about time I share a few of my favorite things with you again, and since it’s Friday, what better time than now for a Friday Favorites post?
1. Watermelon Punch
It’s ridiculously easy to make your own watermelon punch! Just blend seedless watermelon in a blender, pour it through a fine mesh strainer, and mix the juice with sparkling water. Done! You can even serve it in a hollowed out watermelon “bowl” for a fun summery effect.
A few weeks ago, I received a sample package of products from CocoKefir, a dairy-free company that makes probiotic-rich water kefir and another amazing item called CocoYo. It’s a thick, creamy, slightly tangy probiotic pudding that tastes similar to yogurt but is dairy-free and coconut based. I loved it! A scoop added to smoothies or fruit bowls was amazing. And knowing that I was getting a hefty dose of gut-supportive probiotics in every bite made the whole CocoYo experience that much better.
3. Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry
Elana’s Pantry was one of the first blogs I began reading years ago when I started getting into this whole blogging thing, and it’s still one of my favorites. I have all of the Elana’s books, including her newest: Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry. It recently hit the New York Times best-seller list, and I can see why. Elana blends ease of preparation, great flavor, and sound nutrition into every one of her recipes. I could eat an “Elana meal” every night.
Yes, kale is a year round favorite of mine, but I’m loving it this time of year more than ever as I make kale salads, green smoothies, and veggie breakfast scrambles. Pictured above are my three favorite varieties: lacinato kale (dinosaur), red Russian kale (my top favorite), and curly green kale. It’s as though I never wrote my Crazy for Kale e-book. I could just keep coming up with new kale recipes day after day after day.
Some other random favorites:
- I don’t camp much (okay, ever), but if I did I think I could get used to luxury camping like this.
- Um, is this an acceptable dinner? Please say yes.
- I ordered one of these last week and cannot wait for it to arrive. Veggie noodles here I come!
- Most recent book I read that I actually liked: Calling Me Home. There have been a string of literary let-downs since then, but I’m hoping to hit a better stride this weekend since I checked out a whole new stack from the library. Any summer reading recommendations for me?