and more not featured on my blog? Subscribe to my newsletter!
Oh yes I did. Popcorn made out of cauliflower? You had to see it coming. I mean, I’m the girl who puts kale in her brownies and spinach in her chocolate shakes. So really, cauliflower popcorn isn’t so far-fetched, is it?
Join me at The Balanced Platter for the recipe!
A Few Favorites
There are a few things I’m loving lately that I thought I’d share with you.
- Hemp seeds! You may have seen me Instagram them a couple of days ago. Hemp seeds are a new food for me and I’m loving them. Sprinkled on salads, tossed into smoothies, ground up in pesto…so many uses for this super food!
- Eggs. Weird, right? I’m totally on an egg kick. I am so glad that I can tolerate them. I’ve been having them for breakfast many days, but also enjoy them for lunch or dinner from time to time. The other day at one of my cooking classes we made cauliflower “rice,” and I was telling the attendees just how much I love cracking eggs over the “rice” and topping it all off with salsa and avocado slices. Yum!
- Carbonated mineral water. It’s gotta be the warm weather that’s getting me in the mood for all things fizzy. I’ve been loving plain carbonated water with lime juice lately. Perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
- Boot camp workouts! I found a new class at the gym that I love…and I’m so excited! I normally work out on my own because I find that I can challenge myself more that way than through group exercise classes, but boot camp has changed all that. For 45 minutes, I just tune everything else out and do what the instructor tells us. It’s hard, it’s sweaty, and it’s so fun. Monday afternoons have gotten a whole lot better!
- Daily walks. You know how much I love walking, but since the weather is nicer now my love for daily walking has been rekindled. Nothing is more invigorating than a brisk morning walk!