Earlier this week, I shared my recipe for Spicy Sesame Sweet Potato “Tots.” Every tot needs a sidekick, right?
I call this avocado dip “light and easy” because it so easily complements just about any light summer dish that I’d be silly not to share the recipe with you. I’ve been making this exact dip or variations of it for years. I make old stand-by recipes like this so frequently that they just sort of fade into the fabric of my cooking and I forget to tell you about them.
Not today. Today, you get Light & Easy Avocado Dip to enjoy all summer long!
The other day there was a sale at the store: 10 avocados for $10. People everywhere were piling them into their carts like supplies before a storm. Fortunately, you don’t need 10 avocados to make this dip. Just a couple will do ya. Add a splash of lemon juice and a few seasonings and—POOF. You’re done.
I told you it was easy.
For the creamiest results, I like to puree the dip in my food processor or blender. Short on time or don’t feel like dirtying an appliance? Just smash it up with a fork and call it “rustic.” I’ll never know.
The cool and mellow avocado dip is the perfect foil for the crunchy, lightly spiced tots. But don’t stop there. You can use this recipe as a dollop for soups and stews, tacos, omelets, baked sweet potatoes, and whatever else your mind can dream up. Pairing a little healthy fat with vitamin-rich vegetables will actually help your body absorb the nutrients more effectively.
A few more of my favorite avocado recipes you might like:
- Peach Breakfast Parfait with Avocado Lime Cream
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Radiant Glow Antioxidant Smoothie
- Crunchy Vegetable, Avocado & Basil Toss
- 2 medium to large ripe avocados, pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a food processor fitted with the steel blade or a blender. Add the lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Process until completely smooth. Serve.