It’s February and you know what that means! A new month and a new motivational calendar!
I had a lot of fun putting this month’s PDF calendar together. With exactly two weeks until Valentine’s Day, there are so many ways we can be loving our bodies through what we eat and drink, what activity we engage in, and how we care for ourselves emotionally. Plus, with January over and done with, we’re that much closer to spring!
To download your February motivational calendar, just CLICK HERE. Save it to your desktop, pin it to your bulletin board, keep it folded up in your purse or backpack…wherever it works best to keep you motivated each and every day.
I love reading your comments and emails about my healing protocol and the foods that I’m currently eating. Things are going pretty well so far. I feel good, have noticed progress in a few areas, and am overall doing well with the new changes.
Today I want to answer a few questions from some of you about the protocol, so here’s a quick video where I talk about fermented foods, sugar alcohols, and cholesterol.
Related links to stuff I mention in the video:
- The Great Cholesterol Myth—a fantastic book that I highly recommend!
- Health Benefits of Fermented Foods—a great post from Wellness Mama that dives a little deeper into the topic of fermented foods and why they’re so good for us.
My current mantra is, “Progress, not perfection.” The past few weeks of this healing protocol have really been teaching me a lot about being okay with small steps in the right direction, steps that may look insignificant to others…but look like giant leaps to me! No step in the right direction is too small.
This week I’ve noticed some good progress in a few areas. Nothing earth-shattering, but still worth noting:
- Digestion: Before starting the protocol, there were many afternoons (probably 2-3 times per week) that I would get what I call a “borderline stomach ache.” Not quite a full blown stomach ache, but pretty close. Usually it would subside when I ate dinner, but sometimes food would make it worse. Since I’ve been focusing on eating consistent well-balanced meals (and snacks), that has completely subsided.
- Skin: I’d say it’s about the same, but feels more hydrated and “plump.” I’ll outline what I’m doing for skincare soon.
- Sleep: The whole sleep thing deserves its own post, so I won’t get into it too much here. But my sleep has gotten a little better this week and I’m also not waking up in pain. Before the protocol, I would wake up at night probably 1-2 nights per week with pains in my stomach. I don’t know if they were related to digestion, poor food combining, or something else, but I would usually just roll over and try to ignore them and fall back asleep. Since doing the protocol, I haven’t woken up with stomach pain once. Progress!
- Mood: Simply stated, I just feel happier lately. I didn’t even realize before the protocol that I was “down” a lot, but I think I was. The winter blues are my trigger. Lack of sun, cold weather, dark nights…it just zaps me. Since doing this protocol, though, I feel more energized, positive, and overall just more content. I feel like my mood is more stable now. It’s an unexpected but welcome improvement!
Stay tuned for more updates. Skincare, sugar cravings, supplements…we’ve still got a lot to cover!
- Follow @hallieklecker on Twitter
- Become a fan on Facebook
- Follow @hallieklecker on Instagram (I post a lot of food pics!)
So tell me: how do you measure progress in your own health? Are you comfortable with small changes, or do you often expect (like me) to see big results quickly?
(And don’t forget to download your February motivational calendar!)