Have you heard of Yonanas? I just discovered this super cool machine a few weeks ago and love it.
With the Yonanas machine, you can make soft serve banana ice cream in minutes with just one ingredient: bananas! (See how it works in a video here.) I’ve prepared similar banana ice creams with my food processor or Vitamix, but honestly the results have not been as creamy or as easy to serve as the Yonanas version.
With the machine and a few frozen bananas, you can make sweet ice cream in a flash that’s completely gluten-, dairy-, and refined sugar-free. If you’re like me and can’t resist throwing in a few berries, no problem. The machine comes with a recipe guide explaining how to incorporate frozen fruits into your banana ice cream. It’s easy.
When I tried the Yonanas machine for the first time, I’ll admit that I was a bit skeptical. I went into the kitchen armed with a bag of frozen bananas and a few questions:
- Will this really taste as creamy as soft serve? Yes, it does! Yonanas purees the bananas so effortlessly that the resulting treat tastes just like banana ice cream.
- Can I make a bowl of ice cream with just one banana? Unfortunately, no. That’s the only drawback to this machine. You must use at least two bananas in order to yield good results. I love bananas, but don’t want to eat two in one sitting. Since it’s impossible to make a single serving, I tried freezing the remaining soft serve in a small container to eat another day. After a quick thaw at room temperature, it tasted great.
- Is this machine difficult to clean? No, it’s very simple. Although some of the soft serve sticks to the blade of the machine, taking it apart is very easy and you can simply scrape out whatever is still in the machine with a spoon. The parts are easy to rinse with hot water. (Bonus: All of the parts are BPA-free.)
UPDATE 7/1/12 – This giveaway is now closed. Thanks to all who entered!
Yonanas has generously offered to give one Daily Bites reader a brand spankin’ new Yonanas machine, just in time for the hot summer days ahead! Here’s how to enter:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me what your favorite summer treat is.
- Follow Daily Bites on Facebook and/or Twitter and leave a comment telling me you did.
- Follow Yonanas on Facebook and/or Twitter and leave a comment telling me you did.
- Tweet about this giveaway using @hallieklecker in your message so I can find it and leave a comment telling me you did.
This giveaway is open to residents of the United States, age 18 or older. Giveaway will be open until 10:00 am CST on July 1, 2012. Winner will be notified that they have won via email. (If winner does not respond to email within 72 hours, another winner will be chosen.)
(Thanks to Yonanas for sponsoring this giveaway.)