Would you believe that I’ve been writing this blog for 3+ years and have never written a Friday Favorites post? Well, that’s changing now!
Given that it’s summer and our routines are a little more laid back and relaxed, I thought I’d share a few “this and that” type posts with you in the next few months. I’ll be sharing random tidbits that are making my life a little more interesting. Books I’m reading, products I’m loving, music I’m cooking to, that sort of thing.
Here’s to a happy, healthy summer!
1. Coconut flakes. I just can’t get enough of these crunchy, slightly sweet morsels. I buy unsweetened coconut chips at my local natural food co-op and sprinkle them over fruit bowls, chocolate pudding, and more. (You can also get them here.)
2. Blueberries. As I mentioned earlier this week, blueberries are probably my all time favorite food. They’re coming into season and I am stoked!
Music & Books
1. Just finished reading Quiet by Susan Cain last week. It offered a fascinating look at the power of introverts in our very extravert-oriented culture. I’m about as introverted as they come, so this book resonated with me on many levels. I’m a fiction girl and don’t pause to read non-fiction very often, but I’m glad I did on this one.
2. This one’s on my cookbook wishlist.
3. I love this song. I’ve been listening to it on runs and walks, especially in the morning. Even though it’s not super upbeat, I’m finding that it sets a really positive tone for my days. Haven’t gotten sick of the melody yet, either.
Products I Love
1. Kaia seeds. I am addicted to their sprouted garlic sunflower seeds!
2. Coconut butter. It doesn’t come cheap, but this stuff is my indulgent splurge. I buy a jar every four or five months. I don’t eat it any other way than straight from the jar with a spoon. (Did I just write that?)
Other Random Stuff
1. I’ve been taking lots and lots of pictures lately. Mostly of food, but other things, too. I’m beginning to feel more and more comfortable with a camera in my hands. Never thought I’d say that about myself!
2. Cute baby outfit alert! This one would be adorable on my 13-month-old nephew. He is definitely a “little stomper.” Can’t wait to see him in just over a month!
3. This website makes me hungry (and inspired).
What are a few of your favorite things right now?